Bazil Hunte, BSc (Hons), MSc, MBPsS, EHPs, HCPC
Consultant Health Psychologist
My name is Bazil Hunte, a Consultant Health Psychologist with over 40 years experience in the health and wellness industry. I am also a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS), European Health Psychology Society (EPHs), National Back Pain Association (NBPA) and a ‘Registered Psychologist’ with the UK Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
I am extremely passionate about empowering others, health behaviour change and the application of health psychology to every aspect of my day to day work and client's life.
I am involved in the following areas of work:
- Psychological Health assessments.
- Fitness and wellbeing consultations and assessments for the over 50s and physically challenged communities (Home base programmes for posture, balance, mobility, flexibility and strength)
- Quinamatic assessment (a video analysis falls prevention programme)
- Bone Health (osteogenic loading programme for reducing osteoporosis, strengthening bones, improving balance and posture)
- Managing Stress, Anxiety and other Mental Health conditions in the light of COVID19 and Lockdown.
- HIV counselling and support.
- Corporate wellness.
- Facilitation Training for Trainers.
- Parenting Training (passionate about fatherhood)
- VoxxLife (Health Performance Technology)
Over the years, I have worked within Statutory (UK, NHS, Social Services), Voluntary and the Private Sector, as well as internationally, with governments, including the UK, Barbados and other Caribbean countries. I have also worked with organisations such as UNICEF, and as a Master Trainer with John Hopkins University (HIV counselling and testing in the Caribbean).
I was responsible for setting up one of the largest ‘Exercise on Prescription’ scheme linked to GP surgeries in the UK, and also led on the development and implementation of a National ‘Voluntary Counselling and HIV Testing Service’ across Barbados. I was jointly responsible with my wife for the creation, development and implementation of a ‘Conflict Mediation and Resolution Service within the Barbados Youth Justice Service, with the Attorney General’s Office.I am also a member of the International Osteostrong Team (OS CEO Kyle Zadrosky) and work in collaboration with the Stratford Village Surgery in East London, where I set up and continue to run, an Osteogenic Loading clinic. I have also spearheaded the development of the first Osteostrong Research Centre in the world. I am also responsible for the first two osteogenic loading publications in the UK, conducted with Dr Jaquish (OS inventor/scientist) on the Impact of Osteogenic Loading on bone health and pre and type two diabetes’. I am committed to providing and delivering ethical, client led, evidence based programmes.